Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Verse of the Day

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."
Matthew 7:7 (Read all of Matthew 7)
New International Version

My Thoughts:
Our God is an Awesome God. He continually answers our prayers. Prayers may not be answered right away or in the way we think they should be answered, but they are answered never-the-less.
Prior to getting married, I asked the Lord to strengthen my relationship with my soon to be husband. Shortly after, my finance was diagnosed with cancer. I know what your thinking, that's not an answered prayer. Believe me, it was hard for me to see at the time. I had to take a step back from the situation and a particulary tough moment during the bout with cancer to see that it really was an answer to a prayer. Was this the way I wanted my prayer to be answered? Of course not. However, it made me see what was really important in life; our love for the Lord and our love for each other! I believe, in my heart of hearts, that the cancer brought us closer together and made us stronger. After dealing with cancer at such a young age and so early in our relationship, we realize that there is nothing that we can't handle together.

No comments: