Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Thursday Thirteen

I have decided to join the ranks for bloggers that do a Thursday Thirteen. This week, my Thursday Thirteen is 13 Reasons I love Wednesday Night Dinners with our friends.

1) It's break from the mundane of the week.
2) Our friends come to our house every Wednesday because we have a child and they don't. They do it to make it easier for us. How nice is that???
3) We take turns making dinner.
4) It's usually the men who cook - and they do a good job.
5) We get to try new things.
6) We splurge occasionally - last week we ate lobster!
7) I discovered wine-a-ritas. If you have not tried these yet, I strongly recommend them.
8) It's an excuse to let loose on a Wednesday night.
9) The conversation is always funny.
10) There is talk of putting a tape recorder in the middle of the table so that I can blog about the things we talk about - or even set up a new Wednesday Night dinner - we talk about enough things that I could have a blog for each day of the week tape recorded and ready for transcribing - stay tuned.
11) They like our kid.
12) It's an excuse to eat appetizers on a week night.
13) It's never the same - the food, the conversation, the activities - so there is always something new and exciting in store.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a ton of fun! It would definitely break up the week! I'm gonna try the wine-a-ritas too...eventually.

Special K ~Toni said...

What a great idea! I would love to do something like that!

Happy T13!