Monday, July 16, 2007

Generous & Unexpected

We spent most of the the weekend at home; we were still recovering from our long bought with illnesses, and my house was recovering as well. I spent a great amount of time trying to get it clean and orderly. Thank goodness the weather was nice. We were able to shut off the air and open the windows - it was very good for airing things out. Timmy and I went to local businesses event of the common, where he enjoyed himself very much. He even got to try cotton candy for the first! He, of course, loved it. I justify giving my 2 year old cotton candy because he can not enjoy the other typical things at these events (ice cream, cookies, brownies, cakes, etc) because of his egg and nut allergy.

My in-laws came by late Saturday afternoon to drop off some clothes for Timmy (they keep him outfitted in nicer clothes than I am willing to buy for a child that is rough and tumble). They also brought us for white rocking chairs for our famer's porch as an anniversary gift. It was completely generous, unexpected and unnecessary. It really was a very pleasant surprise and they look great on the porch. We acutally spent time in them Saturday night and Sunday!

So, Frank and and Patti, if you are reading this - Thank you! The chairs are fabulous!!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely! You have such a beautiful house (from what I can tell!)

Anonymous said...

hGlad you're all feeling better! And the chairs look awesome! I love sitting out on the front porch. Maybe someday I'll have one again.

Someone said...

I am fighting off covetousness for your chairs. They look so welcoming on that beautiful porch. I'd love one for ours. *sigh* There are a lot of things I'd like for our house!

Anonymous said...

The chairs are perfect and really look wonderful on the porch. Can't wait to sit there in August.
I love the trim around the bottom of the porch too.

Special K ~Toni said...

What a sweet house! I love the rocking chairs! I spend a lot of time out on my patio, so good comfy chairs are a must!

Tracy said...

If I lived nearby I might invite myself over for a chat on your porch... some iced tea would be nice too. :) Wouldn't it be lovely - you are so blessed.