Thursday, December 27, 2007

Attention Shoppers - Crazy Pregnant Woman has Entered the Market

I don’t have many cravings with this pregnancy, but when I think about it I didn’t have them with Timmy either. My Mom says she ate Chili Beans (you know the kind from the can, probably Hormel) everyday when she was pregnant with my brother. I was kinda looking forward to having my own “thing” I could tell my kids about, but it hasn’t happened.

What I have is aversions. With this little girl, the thought of anything from the grill makes me want to hurl. We drove by a steak house the other day and just the shear smell of it sends me into orbit. French fries and anything from fast food restaurants seems to be turning my stomach as well. The thought of even trying a Quarter Pounder right now is enough to send me screaming from the room. With Timmy, I didn’t eat poultry for 9 months, nor did I cook with onions, garlic or tomatoes; and orange juice was like death to me.

I have cravings from time to time, but nothing that I need everyday. When I do get them, however, I want the food item right away – which leads me to this post. Christmas day my mother-in-law had out cheese and crackers before the big meal. On that platter was goat cheese. I ate some, and it was delicious. As I was driving to work this morning, I started to think about that goat cheese and I couldn’t stop thinking about it. I dropped Timmy off at daycare, then went back to the store and bought a box of crackers and a thing of goat cheese. At 8:45am, I was eating goat cheese and crackers – is that wrong???

1 comment:

houseofeling said...

not wrong at all. I used to do the same thing with a black bean salsa....I had huge ankles because of it.