Wednesday, December 5, 2007

I saw this on Jenny's site, and I just can't pass up a meme (especially not a Christmas one).

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Definitely wrapping paper. Presentation and opening the present are half the fun – what fun can you have with a bag???

2. Real or Artificial tree? We still go real, but I’m leaning towards fake. Here’s the thing…no lights to put on. No trekking through the snow to cut one down; this one just comes out of box stored in the basement – ahhh easy! No needles all over the place. Wait….most importantly, it would be a perfect tree every year!!!

3. When do you put up the tree? When we head to Calif for Christmas, it goes up the day after Thanksgiving. When we are in NH for Christmas, it goes up 1st or 2nd weekend in December.

4. When do you take the tree down? When we head to Calif for Christmas, it comes down before we leave for our trip (who wants a really dead tree in their home while away – sounds like a fire hazard). When we stay in NH, I try to get it down between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
5. Do you like Eggnog? Yuckkkkkk!

6. Favorite Gift you received as a child? I can’t say anything in particular. I always loved everything. The one thing that remains my favorite every year is the stocking. My mom is a fabulous Santa’s helper when it comes to the stocking – so creative and fun!

7. Do you have a nativity scene? I wish I did have a traditional one. I have one in a snow globe, one on the gown of a large carved angel, and two ornaments.

8. Hardest person to buy for? Hands down, my Mom. She has everything in the world (that’s not tacky, gaudy or smelly) and what she doesn’t have, she buys for herself. It’s very difficult.

9. Easiest person to buy for? Timmy. I mean really; I asked him what he wanted for Christmas from Santa Claus. He said, “presents.”

10. Worst Christmas gift ever received? It was a Yankee Swap gift. 2 peach colored tapered candles. Really??? I bought some really cool gift from Pottery Barn to that darn Yankee Swap and I got to peach tapered candles? C’mon!

11. Christmas Cards...Snail mail or E-mail? For Christmas cards, snail mail can’t be beat. I love to get all the cards. I still need to find the perfect card this year and get a great photo of my prince.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Christmas Vacation!

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Not soon enough. This year we are only buying for our parents and Timmy, so that makes it easier. Our plan is to go on 12/16 – doesn’t Toys-R-Us on a Sunday afternoon in mid-December sound like a good time?

14. Have you ever 'recycled' a Christmas present? I have – I am sad to say. In my defense, however, it was a lovely present and I did really like it. I was desperate for a gift!

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Cream Cheese cookies stuffed with Walnuts. It’s a special family recipe and a favorite of Todd’s.

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? We have had clear for 8 years. I’d like to switch it up, but we are too cheap to buy new lights.

17. Favorite Christmas Song? God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman – Bare Naked Ladies and Sara McLaughlin (sp?) mix – love it! It makes me so happy every time I hear it.

18. Travel at Christmas or Stay Home? Every-other-year we go to Calif for Christmas. I love it and wouldn’t have it any other way.

19.Can you name Santa's Reindeer? Donner, Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Doner, Vixen, Blitzen – hey, I did it. I didn’t think I could.

20. Do you have an Angel or a Star on top of your tree? A star. It just feels right to have a start at the top. I grew up with an angel, but I prefer the star. Every time I look at it, it reminds me we are celebrating the birth of Jesus.

21. Open the Presents Christmas Eve or Morning? Christmas day only! We have a minor family argument about this. Todd wants the kids to open one on Christmas Eve, but I say make them wait until morning like I had to do.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The craziness of a simple trip to the grocery store.

23. Shopping ... Mall or online? I used to do a lot online, but within the last year, two of my credit cards have been stolen that way. It will take a lot to get me to try that again.

24. Do you decorate outside for Christmas or just inside (or at all?) Both, although I wish we did more outside. Dear hubs is kind of a grinch when it comes to that.

25. Favorite Christmas cookie? Cream Cheese cookie stuffed with walnuts.

26. Do you own Christmassy clothing or jewelry? I have a pin and earrings left over from my first grade teaching days.

27. Do you believe in Santa? No, but will let Timmy and the little one on the way believe for as long as possible.

2 comments:

PJ said...

My first visit to your site. I was reading your headlines -- isn't that the way it works? Just when we think life is going one way, it takes a turn. But we're so fortunate--faith in a living, loving God makes all the difference!!

Blessings

Elle said...

LOL good meme! I too will let the girls beleive in santa as long as they can! These days seems entirely too little of time doesn't it?