Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Try it Tuesday

I've got nothing - sorry! Chalk it up to being 38 weeks pregnant and completely out of energy. I made a really great Greek chicken dish for Wednesday Night Dinner last week and had intentions of photographing it, but my inner blonde causes me to forget things - so there you have it...maybe next week.

As long as I am here - a couple of updates.

Hubs took the time to actually read my blog yesterday. He was somewhat unimpressed -whoops! The one day I don't want him to read it and he reads it. Figures!

I have been having a ton of contractions, but nothing regular. I have an appointment tomorrow. I keep hoping that all of these contractions will have moved me beyond 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced - all that pain better be good for something! I had the hubs take a picture of Timmy holding the doppler on my belly at my last appointment, but it's not a flattering photo, so it will never make it to the blogging world.

I work with a former OB nurse. I asked her the best way to get this ball rolling. She said nipple stimulation and intercourse. Oye! Neither sound too appealing to me, but maybe when desperation sets in I will give them a try. This pregnancy, with the exception of the first trimester, has gone really well. I don't have anything to complain about, so I should stop rushing her.
The problem is, however, that my parents arrived Saturday night for the entire month of March. They will soften the blow that will rock Little Man's world. The sooner she arrives, the more time they will have to cushion his fall from his only child throne. In addition to that, Little Man's birthday is on March 24th - I would love to have them spread out 2-3 weeks so they don't have to share a birthday party. There's probably another issue (a lot less pretty and I am not proud) going on. My brother-in-law's girlfriend, who was due just one short week before me had her baby 3 weeks ago. I might be the teeniest bit jealous of that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did your Greek chicken dish happen to have potatoes in it too? Did you bake it in the oven?

I can make a home made Greek spanakopita. Have you tried that one yet? It's our favorite around here.

Are you Greek? I'm half Greek. My Mother is Greek. We have family in Greece as well.

Sarahviz said...

Trust me, you will WANT them to share a birthday party--way less work!

Good luck!