Monday, May 12, 2008

Work

I returned to work when the Princess was 6 weeks and 1 day old. I started back at 1 day per week. When she's 12 weeks old, I will go back full-time. It was actually pretty easy to go to work, but probably because I knew the Hubs was going to be home with them all day.

It was quiet, no one works in the office on the weekends, so I got a full 8 hours of work done. I came home and asked the Hubs how it went and if he had a new appreciation for a stay-at-home mom. As I was doing the dishes from the day, putting the laundry in and cleaning the floor, he said to me, "It wasn't that hard." Really??? In my head I threw the soap wand from the sink at him and hit him square in the nose.

The following weekend proved to be more difficult for him. I stopped off for grocery shopping before I came home. He called me while I was in the store and while I was on my way home from the store. Perhaps the Cinco de Mayo flu hit him hard and he wasn't up to a full day of daddying.

Then, this weekend. The Princess decided she didn't want a bottle any longer. That's right, no more bottle for her - she is, after all, a princess and what she says goes. I got to work and was there for an hour when the phone call came through. What am I going to do with her if she won't take a bottle? How am I supposed to go back to work full-time (and I can't afford not to)? This is not a good thing. After trying 3 different bottles/nipples, she finally took one yesterday. Will it last? I don't know, but we will try again tonight when Daddy gets home.

No comments: