Monday, February 19, 2007

Monday, Monday!

Mondays always signify the start of a new and promising week for me. Instead of dreading Monday, I always try to keep upbeat about it. It usually works for me. Today was an okay day. Timmy wasn't feeling well, so that put a damper on things. He wasn't cranky about it, he just didn't feel good.
Last night, I pulled out the $8 box of Bob the Builder toys I bought at a yard sale over the summer. I cleaned it all up, and set it out for some serious fun in the morning. Timmy saw those this morning and went nuts. Needless to say, it was a Bob the Builder kind of day in our house today. We played with the toys and watched Bob on PBS Sprout on demand. The little trucks take 3 1.5 volt batteries each. I soon realized that I needed 15 batteries to make these trucks sound off - there is something to be said for silent toys, and I will continue to enjoy these trucks silently - thank you very much!!!
It was shortly after breakfast I realized he wasn't feeling well. He sat right down on the kitchen floor and waited for me to be done with the dishes. I sat down with him when I was done, and he snuggled right up in my lap - that's the kind of thing that melts my heart. I felt his head, and there it was - a fever. The temporal lobe thermometer said 101.3. Well, those things always measure about 1 degree less than normal, so I decided a rectal temp was in order. I haven't done one of those in over a year! I'm telling you, when he saw me coming, legs up in the air, with that thermometer, he was not happy. I must have heard "no" 30 times. I finally had to bribe him with our pee-pee skittles to get him to let me do it. He was wiggly and jiggly during the whole thing, but bless his heart - we made it through only to find out his temp was 100 degrees! In my book, and I don't care what the pediatricians say, anything 100 and over is a fever. I gave him children's motrin and snuggled with him.
The rest of the day was about the same - more snuggles and bob play. Then we went to Grammy & Grandpa's for turkey dinner. Hey, how many of you out there can say you had a full on turkey dinner on a random Monday night??? It was delish and I didn't have to cook!!!!
Tomorrow is my second interview for the part-time HR job in VT. I have been praying about it for the last week. This is the one I want. Wish me luck.


Pep said...

Hi Chrissy! I just wanted to introduce myself, I am Pep! I've checked out your blog a few times -

Hope your little guy is feeling better!

Turkey dinner sounds very good about now! :-)

Eva said...

Looks like you and I had very similar Mondays. My kids also had the snuggly fevers. I set up their camping tents in the living room and they watched Peep and the Big Wide World just about all day. This morning they feel a little least they do if their jumping around is any indication.

Stephanie said...

Quiet is definitely best. My theory is that if a toy can be played with without the batteries, so much the better, especially if the kids don't know the difference.