Monday, March 5, 2007

Four Pimples and a Gray Hair

Hey - doesn't that title make you think of the movie Four Weddings and a Funeral, where the adorable, if not bumbling, Hugh Grant became well known? I thought it was pretty clever, myself. Unforntunately, however, it describes my life at this moment - literally and figuratively!

Four Pimples
My stress level has been through the roof lately. Normally, I have perfectly clear skin...as I type this, I have 3 pimples and am recovering from a 4th! The budget, the job interviews, the cranky monster that rears his ugly head without waring, and a few other things that are not worth mentioning on a blog have my skin broken out like a pubescent child!What am I doing about them, the only thing I can do - I broke out my bottle of Clinique Acne Spot Treatment and smeared it on my chin and forhead. Mind you, I have had this bottle spot treatment for at least 7 years. Do you think it still works??? Probably not, but it made me feel better to smear it on my face.

A Gray Hair
That's right. You heard it here first. My first gray hair. I had a false alarm over the summer, but this time it was for real. I am 33 years old - gray hairs should not be allowed entrance on my scalp until I am at least 40! Perhaps I should form a union with my scalp and require all those little gray hairs waiting to surface to agree to stay in their rightful place for at least 7 more years! A more realistic option however, would be to have my hair highlighted. Oh wait, we don't have any money, so there will be no highlighting!

Job Front
OYE!!!! This whole going back to work thing is killing me. Not so much the idea of going back to work - I have made peace with that. It's the process of finding a job that is getting to me. Prior to this job search, I interviewed for 6 jobs in my life and got all 6 of them. This search has put me in so many iterviews that I have lost count. I have had 3 call backs, 2 of which I cancelled and another of which I did not get the job. In hindsight, I wish that I had not cancelled the 2 call backs because they were HR jobs, which is where my heart is. In addition to all of that, I have had 3 job offers. I turned down one at the first of the year in my own town - why???? I turned down the day care center. And now I am going back and forth with a school district over money, contracts, and hours. First of all - I was quoted something in the interview that wasn't even close to the hourly rate, then was given a rate by email, now I have found out that it is actually .75 less per hour than the email quote for the first 90 days, then it will got up .55, but that's still .45 less than the email quote. What's going on? How do you not know these things before you quote someone a rate when offering them a position? On top of all of that, I interviewed at another place last week that I am still waiting to hear from and have another this afternoon. Oh, and I don't want to forget my opportunity with Live Ops. They are an operator service (I would be an operator from home) that I had lost hope in - they finally contacted me by email yesterday.
Why in the world is this so difficult? Partly because I made it difficult - but come on....did I create all of this drama myself? Don't answer that!

2 comments:

Chicken Farmer said...

Welcome to the "Spirialing -into-middle-age-club". The grey hair is your official boarding pass. And the pimples...well it could be wrinkles..at least pimples go away.

Unknown said...

First of all, you should see all the gray hairs on my head. I'm only 29!! That's what 3 kids will do to you, I think ;-) I'm sorry to hear about the job hunting. The right thing will come along. Just hang in there . . .