Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Working Mom

It's official. I am no longer a stay-at-home-mom. My first day of full-time employment was yesterday, Monday. I had a breakdown Sunday night after talking to my dear friend Paula on the phone. I'm pretty sure she called to wish me well, but it made me realize exactly what I was going to miss. Gone are playgroups and play dates, gone is storytime, gone are lazy days of coloring and playdough, gone are summer beach days....I could go on and on, but you get the idea. He was crying and coughing Sunday night around 11:00, so I went to him and rocked him for almost 30 minutes - yes, longer than was necessary, but I'm sure you can imagine why I did it.

Anyway, I had that breakdown, then prayed for peace in my heart about what I needed to do. Monday morning, I left without crying and made it through the day. Timmy was happy to see me and I was happy to see him.

One terrible thing - Timmy is super sick. My parents are still here, so they were able to take him to the doctor. He has an ear infection and the beginnings of Pneumonia - lovely! We have been up at least twice a night since Saturday night giving him breathing treatments. I feel so powerless.

1 comment:

Chicken Farmer said...

Oh, ....Chrissy.......Those days aren't gone....you have vacation days, weekends...I think you will be pleasantly suprised at how well you use your time with Timmy. When a mom works this wonderful thing happens....quality time. I'd bet you will make the very best of every at home minute you have. That alone will offer such fulfillment ...any guilt will soon disappear! Hang in there:)