Monday, April 2, 2007

General Thoughts for the Day

My first weekend as a working mom was less than perfect, but we made it work. Sunday was a glorious day, so we were able to spend a lot of time outside. Timmy loves to be outside exploring, so he had a wonderful time.

Weekend Blessings:
I had a migraine on Saturday (blessing?), so I was down and out for most of the afternoon. Todd took Timmy to our friends' house early evening to play, so I could have some peace and quiet. That was so awesome!
We went to a 3 year old birthday party on Sunday. I keep egg-free cupcakes in the freezer for such occasions, and had one with me for the party. It turns out I didn't need one. The mom made cupcakes for all the kids, and frosted a rice krispies treat for Timmy. That was so thoughtful and so unexpected. It made my day.

Two full days with Mommy and Daddy home had him thinking that daycare was just a temporary thing....As soon as we pulled into the parking lot of the daycare center this morning, he started saying "no! no! no!" Then he clung to me crying while I was trying to leave. It definitely was not so fun. The director tells me it will only last a week. We'll see.

Tonight we managed to work like a well-oiled machine. We managed to put the laundry in the dryer (put in washer before I left), make dinner, do the dishes, fold the laundry, put the laundry away, select toddler clothes for tomorrow, and play with Timmy - all this before bedtime at 7:30. I am pretty proud of us that we had it all togehther tonight.

No comments: