Thursday, April 5, 2007

Winter Wonderland

Just when I was starting think the warmer weather was upon us for good, wham! We get hit with a snow storm. We got about 6 inches of snow in the evening and overnight hours. I'm not opposed to snow, but am looking forward to spending time outside without snow boots and snow pants. I am anxious for the arrival of the tulips I planted in the fall, I am anxious to plant a veggetable garden, I am anxious to get our lawn under control and looking good....I could keep going, but you get the idea.
The one benefit to the snow - it was absolutely gorgeous on my drive to work this morning. Everything was completly covered in a nice fresh white blanket, even the trees. I love to see the grayness of winter trees masked by snow - makes me want to sit by the fire with a cup of hot chocolate and enjoy the beauty of winter.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

We ended up having only a dusting of snow, and it certainly hasn't gotten as cold as they predicted (crossing fingers, hoping). I was out last night covering up my strawberries. This is their second year, and I am hoping to get a lot more fruit from them. I am a Nervous Nelly!

OhTheJoys said...

You make it sound wonderful - which is amazing given it is April and winter has gone on and on for you I'm sure.

Anonymous said...

ok, you need to come to florida with me next week.

that's it. don't argue.