Monday, May 7, 2007

Cinco de Mayo

I love Cinco de Mayo. I think I love it more now that I am away from Southern California. Sometimes I miss that southern cali thing, which I did this week. So....a party was in order. That's right, a Cinco de Mayo party. All Mexican!!! We had a great time.

We had beef and chicken tacos, marinated fabulously! I have been waiting to make this kind of meal for my NH friends of a long time, and I finally had a chance. The only thing we didn't do was make our own tortillas. When it's just Todd and me, we have the time to do it. There were a lot of people here that afternoon, so my mind was elsewhere. I ended up buying corn tortillas, and heating them on a skillet - delish!

I made a Margartia Cake, which was an adult only cake. I won't name names, but there was one mom who gave her kids the cake...I think she wanted them to sleep. There wasn't that much alcohol in the glaze, so it shouldn't have been a problem.



And, because it was an adult only cake, I also decided to make cupcakes for the kids that would be in attendance. In true egg-free fashion (Timmy has an egg allergy), I made rice krispies squares and shaped them into cupcakes, then frosted them. It was so much easier than making real egg-free cupcakes, so I went with it and frosted them. Really, all the kids loved them!



In addition to the cupcakes, I also made egg free brownies. I had tried this once before, but this time I melted the chocolate chips - success! They were awesome!!!



Here's the gang enjoying themselves at the fiesta!
Posted by Picasa




4 comments:

Special K ~Toni said...

Looks like a fabulous party! Will have to try the Margartia cake!

Chicken Farmer said...

You crazy kids......looks like fun ;)

Anonymous said...

Sounds and looks like a great time!!!

Special K ~Toni said...

Hey! Check here and here.

Hope this can help you!