Monday, February 18, 2008

Land of the Living

Being among the land of the living is a wonderful place to be! I started feeling better again yesterday. I'm not completely up to par, but am feeling so much better than I was. I said to the hubs whilst in the middle of the whole thing...I had better not go into labor, I don't think I have the energy to push out a kid!

Whilst sick, we had a new addition to our family. My brother-in-law and his girlfriend had an adorable little girl, Colbie. Mom was due 1 week before me, but had her 5 weeks early. She spent some time in the intensive care nursery, but is home now and doing well. I saw her the day she was born, but have not seen her since - which is killing me! It was surreal to see her and have the nurse say to me, "So...this is what the baby inside of you looks like right now." Yikes - wake up call that I am not ready for this to happen. I hope to be feeling better soon enough to spend some snuggle time with her.

There were also two showers for me, while I was down and out. One at home by a very dear friend. I have only a small handful of friends in NH, so the shower was small and nice. It was a jack and jill shower with kids - so it was a good time for all. The hubs was on camera duty, which meant we had a total of 3 pictures for the entire event and two of them were focused on Timmy! The other shower was given at work. I was overwhelmed at both showers by the kindness and generiousity of my friends and co-workers. My family really is blessed in so many ways.

Lastly...I did somethign I never thought I would do....I agreed to buy a minivan! YIKES!!!! More about this in another post.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better! And I am really happy to hear the showers went well :)


I too want a minivan - only I didn't have to agree, I just keep asking - one day I am sure it will happen, LOL!

twinklemom said...

Yeah!! Welcome back to the land of the living...so great to see you are feeling better!

Blessed Nest said...

glad you are feeling better. I have been thinking about you, wondering how you were and now I know. yikes. Pregnant and sick. not fun. Feel 100% soon!