Tuesday, May 1, 2007

The Lake

I live very near Lake Sunapee, in New Hampshire. Everything is still gray here. The trees are just starting to bud and my tulips are just starting to pop out of the ground. I love this time of year, it gives me hope that warmer weather will come. I have that same hope all winter long when I see boats tucked away next to someone's house. That white covered boat is like a beacon of hope for the summer.

Living in New Hampshire, the only kind of boat covers I am familiar with are of the shrink wrapped variety. It really does look like they wrapped a boat in white plastic, then took some kind of heating mechanism and melted the plastic to it. Amazing. It makes sense, though, to cover your boat
all summer long. I guess when I really stop and think about it, it's like a car cover. It's sensible to protect your car from the elements, so why not protect your boat from it as well.

I don't own a boat. As a matter of fact, I can only dream of owning a boat some day. Of course, when I buy that dream boat, I will also need to find the money to rent a boat slip on the lake all summer. Well, I guess that's not a need. I can buy a trailer and tow my boat to the lake each summer. But, really, what fun would that be? Anyway, when I do buy that dream boat, I will need to buy a boat cover to go with it.

If you are in the market for boat covers, research them before you make the purchase. If will be well worth you while. bayliner boat covers

No comments: