Friday, May 25, 2007

What a Day!

Today has been a tough day. Yesterday there was a firestorm of craziness that came down in HR. My boss is on vacation this week, so it was just little ole me that was dealing with it, and I have only been here for 2 months. It was fine, but I am dealing with the aftermath of it today. The positive thing about the aftermath is that it is quiet work in my office.

My morning started with my daycare forgetting to tell me that I needed to bring an egg-free cupcake to school with Timmy today. Fabulous. Lest my prince should feel like an outcast, I ran to the convience store and bought him a rice krispies treat. I took it back and asked them to frost it.

I was toodling along just fine at my desk, and keeping mostly to myself when I was faced with some fairly inconsiderate and selfish co-worker behavior. I won't go into detail, but I will say this: I spent 5 years working in a top ten law firm in Boston. Attorneys can be pretty demanding and tough to work with. Often times they left me scratching my head and thinking I wonder if they know how they make people feel. All of those instances were nothing in comparison to the inconsideration that was shown today. It may not have been the most terrible thing I have seen, but when it comes from within a small group of people, you just don't expect it.

I took a field trip on my lunch and came back feeling better. Then I entered the wonderful world of blogosphere where I read Jenny's post. It was beautiful and was just what I needed. If you have a chance, i recommend it.

2 comments:

Special K ~Toni said...

At least it's Friday, right? I read Jenny post this morning, made me get all teary!

Unknown said...

I don't miss office politics AT ALL, and I feel sorry that you have to put up with it.

I read Jenny's post too - WONDERFUL!